Posts tagged Infosys interview questions
INFOSYS PATTERN & INTERVIEW – 24 JUL 2008 – HYDERABADHi Chetanaites
This is Amit Kumar from Chaitanya Bharati Institute of Technology, I am from MECH.. we had INFOSYS placement test in our college on 29th july…..
Aptitude paper consists of 2 partsi) Quant (30q 40min)ii) Verbal (40q 35min)
Quant paper was very easy….
1) 6–questions logical conclusions (syllogism)… R.S Agarwal verbal nd non-verbal book is very very useful.. practice all 9 types
2) 5–que DATA SUFFICIENCY….. little basics in school mathematics is enough.3) 4 ques on direction sensing which were very easy4) 4 to 5 ques on choose the next fig in series R.S.Agarwal non verbal book is enough for that.5) One D.I ques which was very easy. http://www.ChetanaS.org6) One reasoning ques like, there are 5 ppl sachin, gopichand..etc and they ill advertise for 5 companies nike, reebook, pepsi, cocacola..etc not given in order… and some hints r given with those hints u need to find out who is advertising for which company… it was not so easy because it was last ques i dint much time so be careful wit these type of ques…
And coming to verbal1)we got 2 RCs one was small one consisting of only 2 passages and the 2nd one was a bigger one2)we got 10 to 12 correction of sentence and 6 to 7 some kind of ques in which he wil give u one para and ask u to tel wat is assumption in that para3)and some ques wil be like this, a sentence wil b given in which a part in underlined and we ve to replace the underlined part wit other sentencethats it over all paper was easy
HR interviewme: I entered the room (HR is a old man nearly 60), I wished good eve.HR: pls take u r seat, and give ur resume.me: this is my resume sir.HR: ok (he checked my resume and underlined teamplayer in my reume) can u justify that u r a team player.me: s sir definatly and I told about my proj and events I organised he asked me some ques in my proj I ans it well and he asked me to explain how I organised an event.. I explained both wellHR: (he gave me a situation) I am a student union leader and as soon as I enter the coll I saw a tree is about to fall and there r many ppl on road. wat wil u do at that timeme: I ans it …HR: (another situation) u and ur grand ma r travelling in a bus i a remote ar. suddenly u r grand ma gets fainted wat wil u do at that time.me: I ans it….HR: we ve many branches in India wil u do the job if u get the posting any where in india.me: s sir I am ready to do the job…HR any quesme:noHR u may leave thenme: thank u sir
This was my HR interview it went on very cool and I got placed in Infi… and friends my only suggesition is be cool dont get tensed this is onyl HR interview if he asks any thing if u dont no that also speak some thing u know it wont matter he just sees how fluent u r and how confident u r … and in HR there wont be correct ans or wrong so dont get tensed be cool and well…
(Paper Submitted By : Priya)
INFOSYS INTERVIEW PUZZLES WITH ANSWERS
I HAVE COLLECTED THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM THE MAILS IN THE GROUP ONLY. FOR 3-4 QUESTIONS ONLY I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER WITH THE HELP OF MY TEACHERS. SO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ANSWERS MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT. TRY TO SOLVE IT YOURSELF.
1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each. You have to measure 90 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). Also u r given a lighter.
Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light up one end of the second candle. (30+60=90)
2. Try the similar problem to measure 45 minutes.
Ans: First light-up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle.When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the both ends of the 2nd candle (15+30=45)
3. You r given a thermometer. What can u do by this without measuring the temperature?
Ans: if u put thermometer into a tree it won’t grow anymore, will just die off
4. How it is possible to place four points that are equidistance from each other?ORU r a landscape designer and your boss asked u to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other.(Distance from each tree to the other must be same)
Ans: Only 3 points can be equidistant from each other. But if u place points in the shape of a pyramid then its possible
5. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will u cut the rest into Two equal parts?
Ans: Slice the cake
6. How will you recognize the magnet & magnetic material & non-magnetic material?
Ans: Drag one piece of material over another. There is no attractive force in the middle portion of the magnet. ORGet a piece of thread and tie up with the one bar and check for poles. If it iron bar then it moves freely and if it is magnetic bar then it fix in one direction according to poles.
7. If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen…. and after sometime u find the tyre without the screws how will u make ur journey complete?
Ans: Open 3 screws, 1 from each tyre and fix the tyre.
8. How can u measure a room height using a thermometer?
Ans: temp varies with height. but its dependent on various other factors like humidity, wind etc.
9. What is the height of room if after entering the room with a watch ur head strikes a hanging bulb?
Ans: Oscillate the hanging bulb. Calculate the time period for one complete oscillation by Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM) of the handing bulb. Put it in the formula T=2 * 3.14 * (L/G)^1/2 L will be the length of the hanging thread.Add the L with ur height to get the height of the room.OR
Ans: Drop it from the room and find the time at which it strikes the floor. Using physics formula s = (at^2)/2 (IM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE)
10. Color of bear…. if it falls from 1m height in 1s.
Ans: We get ‘g’ perfect 10 which is only in poles…hence polar bear…color White
11. How will you measure height of building when you are at the top of the building? And if you have stone with you.
Ans: Drop the stone and find the time taken for the stone to reach the ground. find height using the formulas = a + gt ( s = height, a= initial velocity=0, g=9.8m/s, t = time taken)
12. How wud u catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north And receiving from bottom not accepted, as it is 2 directions)
13. 25 statements given. Some tell truth, some false and some alternators. Find out the true statements.
14. Can u make 120 with 5 zeros?
Ans: Factorial (factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)) = 120
15.There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the following statements: a) A says: B is a liar.b) B says: A and C are of same type.
Ans: lets assume A is speaking truth. It means B is a liar then it means A and C are not of same type.
16.5 swimmers A, B, C, E, F and many conditions of their positions like there are Two b/w A & F, B doesn’t win etc the question was to find who was b/w like E & D?
17. in a race u drove 1st lap with 40kmph and in the second lap at what speed u must drive so that ur average speed must be 80kmph.
Ans: its impossible! if u drove the first lap in 40 kmph, its impossible that the average speed of both the laps is 80kmph.for eg. consider one lap distance = 80km.time req. to cover 1 lap = 80km/40kmph = 2 hrs.
if the avg. speed is 80kmph, then the total time would have taken = 160kms/80kmph = 2 hrs.same is the case with any other distance u consider. so the avg to be 80kmph is impossible
18. You have to draw 3 concentric circles with a line passing thru their center without lifting hand.
Ans: Start the line complete one circle move inside circles along the line and then draw second circle. Like wise rest.
19. A rectangular paper is there. At a corner a rectangular size paper is taken from it. Now you have to cut the remaining paper into two equal halves.
Ans: try it on the paper. You must fold the part that has complete paper and select Half of it and then fold the part that cut and selects half of it and then cut along the folding. (I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ONE!!)
20. Value of (x-a)(x-b). . . . (x-z)
Ans: 0 as there’s X-X term
21. There are 9 coins. 8 are of 1 gm and 1 is of 2 grams. How will you find out the heavier coin in minimum number of weighing and how many weighing it will need?Ans: 2 weighing ( Divide the number of coins into 3 parts at each weighing)
Link to this Infosys Interview post freshersinterviewquestions.com/infosys-interview-puzzles-with-answers